[isabelle-dev] [158c513a39f5] JVM crash

Manuel Eberl eberlm at in.tum.de
Sun Aug 20 14:14:27 CEST 2017

Okay I have no idea what is going on anymore.

I know have the following new data points:
– 2500 iterations on my Intel Core i7 laptop. No failures.

So it must be the Ryzen issue after all, I thought. I recalled that some
people said the problem was less pronounced with SMT disabled, so I
disabled it.
– 100 iterations on Ryzen 1800X after a reboot with SMT disabled. No
failures.
– 100 iterations on Ryzen 1800X after another reboot with SMT enabled
again. No failures.

So it seems the problem went away as mysteriously as it appeared and it
probably has something to do with the hardware or software constellation
on my computer. Or perhaps I should check my flat for radiation sources.

Cheers,

Manuel