[isabelle-dev] Preferences on Mac OS X

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Sep 25 16:43:46 CEST 2013

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013, Makarius wrote:

> I see this as another indication that I should dismantle
> http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/87941795956c/src/Tools/jEdit/src/osx_adapter.scala
> and bundle the regular MacOSX.jar from jEdit instead.
>
> People hooked on the Isabelle repository can enable the plugin via the jEdit
> Plugin Manager (its full name is "Mac OS X Support").

Isabelle/c83727c7a510 now bundles the MacOSX plugin -- it is off by
default to avoid multiplatform confusion.

People connected to the Isabelle repository need to tick the plugin in the
Plugin Manager -- without download. I think that an update from the
official jEdit plugin repository will override the bundled one.  This did
work already some weeks ago with Highlighter.

Moreover Mac users should enable the native system look-and-feel in
Utilities / Options / Global Options / Appearance, if this is not the case
already.

This configuration supports many Apple things, like full-screen mode,
drag-and-drop of text files on the running application window, preferences
menu, about menu, quit menu and quit action in the dock.

The Isabelle.app for end-users will have both the Mac OS X look-and-feel
and the plugin enabled by default. It also provides a proper application
icon. File types via .thy extensions are still missing, though, since the
underlying appbundler 1.0 by Oracle does not support this yet.