[isabelle-dev] Preferences on Mac OS X

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Sep 25 14:53:57 CEST 2013

Another Mac user has pointed out full-screen support.

After the recent renewal of Mac OS X activity on the jedit-devel mailing
list, the MacOSX plugin (e.g. current version 1.3) now works with Java 7.

It already takes care to enable
com.apple.eawt.FullScreenUtilities.setWindowCanFullScreen for the main
jEdit "view" windows. So the top-right window corner has this device to
switch into full-screen mode in a Apple-conformant manner.

I see this as another indication that I should dismantle
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/87941795956c/src/Tools/jEdit/src/osx_adapter.scala
and bundle the regular MacOSX.jar from jEdit instead.

People hooked on the Isabelle repository can enable the plugin via the
jEdit Plugin Manager (its full name is "Mac OS X Support").

Moving in that direction would mean to trust more the regular jEdit
development process than trying to make local "fixes" and "patches".