[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Dockable window "Find"

Holger Gast gast at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Sep 5 08:57:52 CEST 2013

On 09/04/2013 05:53 PM, Makarius wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Sep 2013, Holger Gast wrote:
>
>> The attached class RetriggeringFlowLayout fixes this problem by caching the
>> previous size decision from the top-down phase and re-triggering the layout if
>> that decision has changed.
>
> Thanks, I will look later to see how this is done.  Although I don't believe in
> anything that "fixes" something, especially not on Java/Swing. Whatever is done,
> it will break something else.
I agree entirely. Circumventing problems in large frameworks usually
means breaking/bending contracts, and this implies that in some
border cases, new problems may arise. I should have made clearer that
I only offered the workaround because I think there cannot be a
really clean solution within the Swing/AWT mechanisms (as explained).

--
Holger