[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Dockable window "Find"

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Sep 4 17:53:40 CEST 2013

On Wed, 4 Sep 2013, Holger Gast wrote:

> The attached class RetriggeringFlowLayout fixes this problem by caching
> the previous size decision from the top-down phase and re-triggering the
> layout if that decision has changed.

Thanks, I will look later to see how this is done.  Although I don't
believe in anything that "fixes" something, especially not on Java/Swing.
Whatever is done, it will break something else.

Doing some web search myself some months ago, I've found the WrapLayout of
http://tips4java.wordpress.com/2008/11/06/wrap-layout/ but that is already
quite old.

A quite different approach is to make the Find and Sledgehammer panels
more like the regular Find dialog in jEdit, with its way of doing the
layout in a more rigid manner.