[isabelle-dev] Build error: isabelle.XML$XML_Body

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Feb 22 17:28:22 CET 2013

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013, Tjark Weber wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-02-22 at 13:26 +0100, Makarius wrote:
>> I would say you just need the usual "isabelle build -b -f" to force a
>> fresh build of everything.  Java stuff, and especially Scala stuff is not
>> 100% monotone wrt. upgrades.
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. "jedit -b -f" by itself didn't seem to fix
> the issue, but after manually deleting files in ~/.isabelle/

Now I understand the situation.  You still had some old log files with
formal content, whose format I've changed again in the meantime. There was
already some protection against such bad log files, but I did not handle
all possible exceptions (due to the general confusion about exceptions on
the JVM).

This should be more robust in Isabelle/d8ca566b22b3.