[isabelle-dev] Future and maintainance of ~isabelle/contrib_devel at TUM NFS

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed May 30 21:41:15 CEST 2012

On Wed, 30 May 2012, Florian Haftmann wrote:

> this indeed works nice at TUM, but this requires that every developer
> keep up-to-date his/her components on local machines for development,
> and, as a prerequsite, to download them to his/her machine.  This first
> step already is not clear, or how would you obtain a HOL-Light bundle
> without access to TUM NFS!?

We have this running gag on the mailing list already that the meaning of
"developer" is different for everyone.  Do you mean people who push to the
main Isabelle repository occasionally and thus need to makeall all, with
at least the major components active?  Or do you mean people who "use" the
repository version for serious resons, or because they want a thrill every
day or every week to follow the repository?

Anyway, if mira is further consolidated.  The extra testing with
components on board can be mainly done there.