[isabelle-dev] Standard component setup (Re: NEWS)

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Sun Jan 8 10:03:27 CET 2012

Hi all,

here my thoughts on the discussion:

a) release candidates – the announcements of release candidates indeed
could be a device for early feedback.  The question is how to incite
users to take them more seriously.

b) development snapshots – I would prefer to get rid of them, providing
clues how to make use of a repository revision instead.  Taking
Admin/contributed_components more seriously is a first step.  Indeed, I
have invented this in order to make mira run.  So, a successful mira run
tells that the tested revision can go along well with the components
mentioned there.  Maybe we should suggest for developers to include this
list into ~/.isabelle/etc/settings similarly as mira does?  This would
require to provide a http download for the »current« components.
Depends also on how »up to date« we want to require developers to be
concerning components.

c) non-free components – no idea at the moment

d) add-ons not being formal components – at the moment ghc.  I always
considered re-packing or wrapping this as overkill.  Any further
thoughts on this?

	Florian

--

PGP available: