[isabelle-dev] Testboard reset: Old Testboard changesets are removed

Alexander Krauss krauss at in.tum.de
Wed Sep 21 20:19:25 CEST 2011

Hi Lukas,

> I reset the testboard repository to start with a clean clone from the
> development repository and now everything should work again.
> If anyone is eager to restore the old testboard's changesets, we are
> happy for any assistance, otherwise we will discard them within the next
> week, if no one objects.

I've had the same issue (for the same reason :-) ) once or twice before.
Usually, running hg verify on the repository will tell you the first
corrupted revision (usually the one you were pulling when running out of
space/quota), and you can then clone everything else, which gets you
back where you started.

While it may be a good idea to clean up testboard once in a while (I am
not sure how well hg scales to thousands of heads), we should try to
archive the changesets somewhere. Otherwise it will be impossible to
read old threads on the list, which sometimes refer to them.

Alex