[isabelle-dev] wwwfind

Gerwin Klein gerwin.klein at nicta.com.au
Wed Jan 20 12:13:14 CET 2010

On 20/01/2010, at 9:13 PM, Lawrence Paulson wrote:
> It sounds like a useful thing to have, especially for beginners who may not be aware of what is in the library.
> Maybe we need a web interface so that users can invoke it without having to install special software.

This would be a good idea, I think.

Makarius, would we be able to set that up in Munich? It should not require much maintenance apart from an initial setup and an image from the Isabelle release.

We'd still need to think about what set of theories to offer (all of Library, all sessions, ..). A good selection with not too much in it would probably be of help to beginners. Too much will confuse more than help.

> At Cambridge at least, users would have to tangle with our system administrators for each and every machine that needs to have lighttpd installed. This is quite a deterrent :-(

It's more thought to be set up on one server for a research or project group as opposed to individual machines. In centrally managed environments installing things like lighttpd will be painful, yes.

Gerwin