[isabelle-dev] Isabelle2024-RC0: Issue with LargeInt.int <> int unification

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Mar 12 17:44:27 CET 2024

On 12/03/2024 17:30, Joshua K. wrote:

> The PolyML version, 5.9.1, bundled with the Isabelle 2024 rc0 currently fails
> to build Pure on my system. The error stems from polyml getting stuck at
> unifying LargeInt.int and int. Is this an expected behavior?

I am unsure what you mean. Poly/ML needs to be built with specific options, in
order to work with Isabelle: the result is provided as Isabelle component.

In that environment, type int is always unbounded mathematical int, as always
in the past 3 decades.

Are you actually using the downloads from
https://isabelle.in.tum.de/website-Isabelle2024-RC0 or something else?

Alternatively, you can build from the repository, following README_REPOSITORY.