[isabelle-dev] Towards Isabelle2023-RC2, RC3 and AFP release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Jul 26 16:23:43 CEST 2023

On 26/07/2023 15:51, Makarius wrote:

> In the meantime I had to eliminate erratic noise on the isabelle-dev repository:
>
> changeset:   78468:33bc244eafdb
> tag:         tip
> user:        wenzelm
> date:        Wed Jul 26 15:42:13 2023 +0200
> files:       src/Tools/jEdit/src/output_dockable.scala
> revert adhoc change ab9cc7cda0ec: lacks reasoning (and discussion);

There was some minimal reasoning here:
https://lists.cam.ac.uk/sympa/arc/cl-isabelle-users/2023-05/msg00045.html

Note that silence about proposals for changes does *not* mean acceptance. (I
did not answer at that point, due to lack of historical context and since it
was formally no regression from Isabelle2022 to Isabelle2023; thus it could
wait another release cycle).

The Sydney group is a major user of Isabelle and thus has its own vital
interests that quality standards don't degrade!