[isabelle-dev] A proposal for the website

Kevin Kappelmann kevin.kappelmann at tum.de
Tue Nov 3 00:12:49 CET 2020

1. Zulip can be self-hosted [1] (*)

2. One can create backups and export all data [2]

3. One could import past mailing list threads into Zulip by simply
re-posting them in an e-mail-archive stream. By the way, we already
crosspost new mailing list messages to such streams [3, 4]

4. As for the searchable mailing list: there's already a search bar on
[5], the same search bar, in theory, should also be available on [6]
(both use Pipermail), and one can use a search engine with site filters,
e.g. google for "induction
site:https://mailmanbroy.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/pipermail/isabelle-dev/"

5. I think the Isabelle Quick Access Links website [7] should be
referenced on the website too. It is really helpful to get an overview
and to get some ideas on how to get started.

Kevin.

(*) though I personally would not do that given that it incurs overhead,
costs, and I only had very great experiences with the Zulip community so
far (prompt bug fixes and support replies)
[1] https://zulip.readthedocs.io/en/stable/production/install.html
[2] https://zulip.readthedocs.io/en/latest/production/export-and-import.html
[3]
https://isabelle.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/247542-Mirror.3A-Isabelle.20Development.20Mailing.20List