[isabelle-dev] Fwd: [isabelle] Tiny minor backward-compatible changes to IFOL

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Apr 27 11:23:21 CEST 2020

I think this proposition ought to be discussed here as it concerns development issues. It looks like an example of a pull request, which I know Makarius hates, and I’m starting to grasp why. I don’t like the idea of a relative newcomer wanting to make such fundamental changes in a logic definition.

But looking more closely, the specific proposal (regardless of the implementation) is excellent: it is simply an “at most one” quantifier, which we also need in Isabelle/HOL, and I’m wondering that I didn’t grasp the need for this 30 years ago.

Any thoughts?

Larry