[isabelle-dev] developer workflow

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Apr 15 15:08:15 CEST 2020

See https://isabelle.sketis.net/repos/isabelle/file/tip/README_REPOSITORY

> Other than that, is there a good description of the Isabelle development
> process? How I can create a branch and submit it for inspection?

Branches and pull/merge requests happen to be popular in the mainstream, but
we don't do that: it leads to bad quality of the result.

The standard model for Isabelle is based on responsibilities (proven
expertise) on certain areas of the system. You need to figure out who
understands which parts and discuss proposed changes with that person. The
Mercurial history often provides some clues about that, but you can also just
ask on the mailing list.