[isabelle-dev] Isabelle component csdp-6.x is 32-Bit [macOS]

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Nov 28 16:39:15 CET 2019

On 28/11/2019 16:21, Lawrence Paulson wrote:
>> On 28 Nov 2019, at 14:06, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:
>>
>> users who want to use Isabelle2019 with everything as expected
>> need to stay away from the macOS update.
>>
>> It is clear that such things need to be updated eventually. The standard
>> scheme is to have everything working with Catalina with the next official
>> Isabelle release.
>
> Sorry, this statement is absolutely incorrect. The version of csdp that I compiled myself in 2014 (and again this morning) works perfectly well with Catalina. I will try emailing it (see attachment) and maybe somebody else can see if it runs for them. Then I can send it out to the general mailing list.

Larry,

this is the official description for multiplatform components:
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/b4d409c65a76/Admin/PLATFORMS

When you update the csdp component, please make sure that all platforms work
uniformly. We can then use that regularly for isabelle-dev.

The same can be used for other Isabelle versions as well, by telling users who
actually need it how to put it into their $ISABELLE_HOME_USERS/etc/settings.