[isabelle-dev] Isabelle component csdp-6.x is 32-Bit [macOS]

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Nov 28 15:06:02 CET 2019

On 28/11/2019 13:46, Lawrence Paulson wrote:
> Adding to the confusion, the executable I have in
>
> 	~/.isabelle/contrib/csdp-6.x/csdp6.0.1maccore/bin/csdp
>
> fails with "Bad CPU type in executable”. My iMac at work also has a working executable, but it is located at
>
> /usr/local/bin/csdp
>
> and I see now that my settings file points to this version, which I must have compiled in 2014. It also seems that CSDP hasn’t changed (according to its version number) since that date.
>
> We are distributing a bad version for some reason.

We are distributing a version that was good some years ago, and even today
according to the OS specifications at https://isabelle.in.tum.de/installation.html

In other words: users who want to use Isabelle2019 with everything as expected
need to stay away from the macOS update.

It is clear that such things need to be updated eventually. The standard
scheme is to have everything working with Catalina with the next official
Isabelle release.