[isabelle-dev] Fwd: [Isabelle-ci] Build failure in Isabelle (benchmark)

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Mar 29 11:15:23 CET 2019

On 28/03/2019 22:28, Lars Hupel wrote:
>>> "Unable to increase stack" is one of the various messages that tells
>>> you that PolyML has run out of resources. It doesn't really tell you
>>> what the problem is though. It might be an actual problem or a
>>> temporary problem caused by a machine being overloaded.
>>
>> This is likely connected to the recent change of platform. I will
>> investigate this; maybe bumping the memory limit will resolve it.
>
> Even after the switch to x86_64_32, this session keeps failing.

There is indeed a remaining problem with polyml-5.8 here. See the
following measurements of non-failing test runs:

https://isabelle.sketis.net/devel/build_status/Linux_Benchmarks/index.html#session_HOL-Quickcheck_Benchmark
https://isabelle.sketis.net/devel/build_status/Linux_Benchmarks_2_threads/index.html#session_HOL-Quickcheck_Benchmark

I have made some quick tests. The problem appears to occur with
'find_unused_assms' here:

https://isabelle.sketis.net/repos/isabelle/file/tip/src/Benchmarks/Quickcheck_Benchmark/Find_Unused_Assms_Examples.thy#l22

This requires some precise profiling in sequential and parallel mode, to
pin it down to the real problem. (I will be still busy elsewhere in the
next few days).