[isabelle-dev] Fwd: [Isabelle-ci] Build failure in Isabelle (benchmark)

Lars Hupel hupel at in.tum.de
Thu Mar 28 22:28:13 CET 2019

>> "Unable to increase stack" is one of the various messages that tells
>> you that PolyML has run out of resources. It doesn't really tell you
>> what the problem is though. It might be an actual problem or a
>> temporary problem caused by a machine being overloaded.
>
> This is likely connected to the recent change of platform. I will
> investigate this; maybe bumping the memory limit will resolve it.

Even after the switch to x86_64_32, this session keeps failing. Here are
the parameters:

ML_PLATFORM="x86_64_32-linux"
ML_HOME="/media/data/jenkins/.isabelle/contrib/polyml-5.8/x86_64_32-linux"
ML_SYSTEM="polyml-5.8"
ML_OPTIONS="-H 4000 --maxheap 8G"
jobs = 1, threads = 6, numa = false

Surely 8 GB of memory should be enough. The error message is still

Warning - Unable to increase stack - interrupting thread