[isabelle-dev] Question about testing isabelle with Poly/ML x86_64_32

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Jan 29 17:18:42 CET 2019

On 29/01/2019 16:14, João Rafael Nicola wrote:

> I've been using Isabelle/2018 in x86 (32) mode on a Xeon E3-1505M
> (2.80GHz, 3.6Ghz turbo) 4-core, 64GB machine. Since I run frequently
> into timeouts while running sledgehammer, proof methods
> (metis,meson,etc.) or processing notation-heavy locales, I would like to
> know how can I determine whether or not a shift to x86_64_32 would help.
> How can I determine if the limited heap size of x86_32 Poly/ML might be
> hindering Isabelle?

Isabelle/jEdit has a "Monitor" panel, its "Heap" tab might provide some
clues.

The current test version of Poly/ML is polyml-test-1b2dcf8f5202. If you
keep an eye on changing versions of
https://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/tip/Admin/components/main
you will see what is the latest and greatest one.

Note that we still have 1 or 2 hard crash situations that need to be
sorted out.