[isabelle-dev] Question about testing isabelle with Poly/ML x86_64_32

João Rafael Nicola joaoraf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 16:14:57 CET 2019

Dear Isabelle developers,

I've been using Isabelle/2018 in x86 (32) mode on a Xeon E3-1505M (2.80GHz,
3.6Ghz turbo) 4-core, 64GB machine. Since I run frequently into timeouts
while running sledgehammer, proof methods (metis,meson,etc.) or processing
notation-heavy locales, I would like to know how can I determine whether or
not a shift to x86_64_32 would help. How can I determine if the limited
heap size of x86_32 Poly/ML might be hindering Isabelle?

Thank you in advance,

Joao Rafael Nicola