[isabelle-dev] [Spam] AFP hosting

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Aug 26 13:25:24 CEST 2019

On 26/08/2019 10:46, Jasmin Blanchette wrote:
> Gerwin wrote:
>
>> There is another option for the AFP: we could host on github and use the mercurial git plugin [https://hg-git.github.io] to work with it as if it was a mercurial repo. I don’t have much experience with how stable that option is, but it would be free and it would be easy on account management.
>
> I've been using hg-git since 2015, notably for my main private repository. A quick check on my disk reveals that's how I'm accessing 32 git repositories.

Does that mean you generally prefer the Mercurial client user space
tools? It would support my impression than many Isabelle people ---
after having learned Mercurial willy or nilly --- somehow like it and
stick to it.

> I find that the plugin works well for branch-free repositories. I don't know what it would do with git branches, and for such repositories I use git directly.

I usually use git directly when working with colleagues on git projects.
My preferred front-end is VSCode: it hides a lot of the "coolness" of git.