[isabelle-dev] [Spam] AFP hosting

Jasmin Blanchette j.c.blanchette at vu.nl
Mon Aug 26 12:07:25 CEST 2019

> That is a bit more worrying. I personally don’t mind, but I could imagine others getting confused about which parts need updating. Is this usually triggered by you updating python specifically, or does it also occur with standard OS updates? (Mac or Linux?)

It's on Mac. I didn't keep a close track on it, but I think issues must have arisen when I updated MacPorts (the equivalent of "apt-get upgrade"). But then I have hg-git checked out as a repository, and I just had to "hg pull -u" it and hg-git worked again, every time. The trouble, in short, is that Python and hg are managed by MacPorts whereas there's no MacPorts package.

Jasmin