[isabelle-dev] Problems building Isabelle/Scala

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 5 12:30:45 CEST 2019

Probably not relevant, but anyway: for a while, builds of Isabelle used to hang at quite a precise point during the build process, with CPU utilisation of 0%, indicating that something was waiting for something. This always happens a precise time (about three minutes of processor runtime), and if the job got past three minutes I could be confident that it would terminate. But this doesn’t sound like your issue if your machine is running hot. Still it might be worth checking which process is making Matthew.

This was on one of my machines, a Mac running the latest version of OS X (possibly not Mojave when I was getting it).

Larry