[isabelle-dev] performance problems

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 6 17:14:11 CEST 2018

I'm facing serious performance problems with the development version and I have no idea what's happening, though it may be connected with my settings. At the moment I am using

JEDIT_JAVA_OPTIONS64="-Xms2048m -Xmx8192m -Xss8m"
ML_OPTIONS="--minheap 3500"

(I'm not aware of any guidelines of what sort of settings are appropriate.)

My theory doesn't use the AFP and I have moved aside my components file, which refers to afp/devel. My theory imports nothing but Complex_Main. Yet still, Isabelle/jEdit takes on the order of a minute to launch, and freezes (with permanent pink markup) within 5 – 20 minutes of launching. My machine has 12 virtual cores and 16 GB of memory. What could I be doing wrong?

In case it's relevant
~/isabelle/Repos/src/HOL: hg id
58bf801d679a tip

Larry