[isabelle-dev] illegal reflective access

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sat Nov 17 16:48:42 CET 2018

On 15/11/2018 22:13, Makarius wrote:
> On 15/11/2018 19:44, Lawrence Paulson wrote:
>> Got this upon launch. Is it important?
>>
>> 341ebf35464b tip
>>
>> WARNING: Illegal reflective access by macosx.MacOSXPlugin to method com.apple.eawt.FullScreenUtilities.setWindowCanFullScreen(java.awt.Window,boolean)
>> WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of macosx.MacOSXPlugin
>
> I am de-facto the maintainer of macosx.MacOSXPlugin -- see also
> https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-patches/186
>
> Here I have overlooked the dynamic access to
> com.apple.eawt.FullScreenUtilities -- it still needs to be sorted out.

I did not find a way around this, even after looking at the Java 11
sources. Maybe it is not really required (which still needs to be tested
on macOS), or there will be a replacement in a future Java release.

For now we can just ignore this particular warning about
FullScreenUtilities.setWindowCanFullScreen

We can't ignore other warnings, though.  In Isabelle/740b14b67472 I have
added --illegal-access=warn to the default Java options: it means that
warnings are not disabled after the first warning message. This can spam
or bomb the system, but hopefully we don't have too many such unclear
cases left over.