[isabelle-dev] illegal reflective access

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Nov 15 22:13:26 CET 2018

On 15/11/2018 19:44, Lawrence Paulson wrote:
> Got this upon launch. Is it important?
>
> 341ebf35464b tip
>
> WARNING: Illegal reflective access by macosx.MacOSXPlugin to method com.apple.eawt.FullScreenUtilities.setWindowCanFullScreen(java.awt.Window,boolean)
> WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of macosx.MacOSXPlugin

I am de-facto the maintainer of macosx.MacOSXPlugin -- see also
https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/plugin-patches/186

Here I have overlooked the dynamic access to
com.apple.eawt.FullScreenUtilities -- it still needs to be sorted out.

Such warnings by Java 11 refer to internal things that will no longer be
accessible in the near future -- Oracle started to robustify this with
Java 9, and will become serious about it eventually. We need to
eliminate such illegal accesses one-by-one, as they occur at run-time.
Just today I've made a change in a different corner:

changeset:   69301:5a71b5145201
user:        wenzelm
date:        Wed Nov 14 21:43:33 2018 +0100
files:       src/Pure/General/http.scala
prefer statically-typed close operation, avoid Java 11 warning: "Illegal
reflective access by scala.reflect.package$ to method
sun.net.httpserver.LeftOverInputStream.close()";

There are more fine-points about OpenJDK 11 that are still to be
discovered and sorted out. Only recently, I have noticed that the
derived italic versions of the IsabelleText font don't work -- the
current plan is to use fontforge to make a proper font instead.