[isabelle-dev] HOL build process hangs

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu May 3 13:56:30 CEST 2018

On 03/05/18 13:18, Lawrence Paulson wrote:
> I'm encountering a strange phenomenon: the HOL build process runs for just over two minutes (which is not long enough to complete) and then seems to stop running, using 0.1% of the processor. I can repeat it and the same thing happens again. Today I was lucky on the third attempt. What could cause the build to hang and do nothing?

What is your changeset id?

What is the underlying hardware?

What are the build options, e.g. the bottom of the output of "isabelle
build -?" ?

Is that really just the HOL image, or HOL-Proofs? For week I have trie
to evade a resource problem with HOL-Proofs and threads=2. The latest
attempt is 0acf3206a723, but it should not affect the HOL image.