[isabelle-dev] jdk-8u162

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Jan 24 15:32:12 CET 2018

As of Isabelle/59527ee2d6da we are on current jdk-8u162 from Oracle, see
also:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/8u162-relnotes-4021436.html
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/8u161-relnotes-4021379.html

As usual it might affect fine points, especially on various platforms
and GUI themes.

Larry has reported font issues on macOS recently, but they might have
disappeared due to the update.

I have myself seen font-problems yesterday: both on 8u152 and 8u162. On
macOS High Sierra, the jEdit Console with IsabelleText has problems with
the font metrics: text is out of sync wrt. the cursor. I did not
investigate it further, and presently hope that the next update by
Oracle or Apple improves the situation again.