[isabelle-dev] Fwd: [Isabelle-ci] Build failure in AFP

Manuel Eberl eberlm at in.tum.de
Fri Aug 31 01:34:01 CEST 2018

It seems that my latest commit f443ec10447d causes nontermination of the
AFP entry "Green".

I saw this timeout on the testboard, but everything worked fine locally
despite trying several times, so I thought it was perhaps some spurious
issue and pushed the commit anyway.

Unfortunately, "Green" seems to time out on Jenkins every time now.
Seeing as a while ago, we had spurious timeout issues that went away
when we increased the timeout, I tried doubling the timeout on the
Testboard (to 20 minutes!) and that did not help either.

For comparison, on my modest machine, the entry needs a very reasonable
2 minutes (both CPU and wall clock) when run with 1 thread, so >20
minutes seems quite absurd.

I looked at the entry in Isabelle/jEdit and found some invocations of
blast/force that took up to 8 seconds, but that should not be a problem.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here or how I could track
down this issue?

Manuel