[isabelle-dev] reflect_poly

Akihisa Yamada ayamada at trs.cm.is.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Mon Apr 16 10:43:16 CEST 2018

Dear Manuel,

> There are definitely books out there that call it the "reflected
> polynomial", and that's what my undergraduate discrete maths course
> called it, so that's what I called it.

oh I'm fine with the naming if it's textbook-level standard. I wouldn't
have raised this if there were a reference in the thy file, though.

BTW, Google-books search will find
"reciprocal polynomial": 152
"reverse polynomial": 118
"reflected polynomial": 18
(try to access the last hit, otherwise reciprocal looks dominant).

So "rev_poly" seems to be a good option (in connection with rev, obviously).

Best,
Akihisa