[isabelle-dev] [158c513a39f5] JVM crash

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Nov 8 15:35:22 CET 2017

On 08/11/17 09:21, Manuel Eberl wrote:

> After a lengthy bisection, I found that the first revision where no
> crashes occur is this one:
>
> changeset:   66920:aefaaef29c58
> user:        wenzelm
> date:        Thu Oct 26 13:44:41 2017 +0200
> summary:     use Poly/ML 5.7.1 test version as default;

> Does Poly/ML 5.7.1 contain any changes that could plausibly cause this
> bad behaviour to go away?

One side-condition that has also changed is the build platform: for the
various Poly/ML 5.6 Isabelle components it was still Ubuntu 10.04 LTS,
for current Poly/ML 5.7.1 test versions it is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Sometimes there are problems in the C/C++ compiler that disappear over
time. You could try with a fresh build of Poly/ML: the README in the
component contains brief instructions how to operate on the included src
directory.