[isabelle-dev] [158c513a39f5] JVM crash

Manuel Eberl eberlm at in.tum.de
Sat Aug 19 21:14:32 CEST 2017

The Ryzen thing was also on my mind, but I have not experienced any of
those instability issues. From what I read, they are extremely rare
under normal use and the error occured a few seconds after initiating
isabelle build.

Besides, I know that Lars does not have a Ryzen CPU, and it would be a
very strange coincidence that he ran into a different issue that also
leads to a JVM crash.

As for Scala, could a problem in the Scala compiler really lead to the
JVM segfaulting? I would have thought if the JVM segfaults, that's a bug
in the JVM. (unless it's a hardware-related issue, of course)

So, all in all, my money would be on the JVM.

Manuel