[isabelle-dev] Towards the release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Oct 24 19:38:47 CEST 2016

On 24/10/16 19:19, Jasmin Blanchette wrote:

>> Are there any non-trivial chunks still in the commit/push pipeline that
>> need special considerations?
>
> I was hoping to push Nunchaku into Isabelle (source code + binary component) before the release, but we have some issues with ocamlbuild on Windows.

Maybe we can sort out these problems now, within the next few weeks. Is
there a tracker item or other place to see this ocamlbuild isse?

The Windows platform is a bit strange, but there are usually many ways
to get things through eventually.

> Would it make sense to push the source code only, with no binary component, for Isabelle2016-1? It's about 2000 lines of code and could go to "Library". Or would a Linux/Mac-only binary component be acceptable for such a (for the moment, experimental) tool? Otherwise, we can wait for the next release.

I don't know. It is ultimately up to you.

In principle, the Isabelle distribution promises equal rights for
citizens of Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, but in practice there are a few
drop-outs in odd cases.

We could also proceed now, and use protesting crowds of Windows users to
accelerate a pending ocamlbuild tracker item somewhere.