[isabelle-dev] [isabelle] Disk usage in ~/.isabelle/contrib

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Feb 12 15:41:12 CET 2016

On Mon, 8 Feb 2016, Matthew Fernandez wrote:

> A patch (not against the current tip) that pulls from a local mirror in
> preference to fetching remotely is as follows. This may also be useful
> for other Isabelle devs looking to pull from a local mirror in
> preference to always hitting TUM.

It is unclear to me what is the problem here. The settings variable
ISABELLE_COMPONENT_REPOSITORY points to
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/components by default, but that may be changed
in $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/etc/settings in the usual way.

The remaining task is to maintain a complete mirror of
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/components (which is presently at 12GB total).
Some rsync setup should to the job, although we don't have that on the
standard Isabelle rsyncd, as far as I can see. It should be possible to
rsync via ssh for anyone who has access to TUM.

Note that /home/isabelle/components contains a few non-world-readable
files that are not accessible via HTTP and are not meant to be published,
due to odd licenses of the tools in question.