[isabelle-dev] Scrollbar, where are thou?

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Oct 7 20:36:44 CEST 2015

On Tue, 6 Oct 2015, Dmitriy Traytel wrote:

> I’m not sure if this is rather something for the jEdit mailing list, but
> I try here first. The attached theory is an empty 500+ lines long file
> where everything is normal. However, if I add one new line the scrollbar
> disappears.

This is a problem of the Nimbus look-and-feel in jdk-8u60 (the current
official release).  See also

Lets wait and see for the next jdk-8 release.  If Oracle does not manage
before our winter release, I might just switch the default to Metal.
That old-fashioned look-and-feel works better with GUI scaling, which is
essential on 4K displays.