[isabelle-dev] Fonts in etc/symbols with space in the name (incl. workaround for Isabelle-2015), patch thoughts

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Oct 2 16:35:47 CEST 2015

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015, Rafal Kolanski wrote:

>> The patched jedit code base will be updated again for the coming
>> release of 5.3.0, which should appear *really*soon*now*.  It will be
>> the first jEdit release with proper 4K display support!
>
> Well, I hope they have time take a peek at some of the patches sitting
> in the queue before then...

Right now I hope the jEdit guys will finally release the "Spring 2015"
version before the winter comes on the northern hemisphere.

jEdit 5.3.0 was planned to appear early June 2015.  This summer I added
various things on top of the repository version, expecting it to be
post-release material, but they actually started picking it up after a few
weeks and added most of it to the release branch.  This caused further
delays.

My priority at the moment is to see a release of jEdit, before we enter
the critical release phase for Isabelle2016 -- presumably at the start of
the Winter season here in the north.

Once it is there, I will update the jedit_build component accordingly.
Then we have a brief window of opportunity to add some small patches on
top of the standard jEdit code base as part of the Isabelle distribution.