[isabelle-dev] Isabelle/jEdit - Sidekick

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sun Nov 15 23:21:58 CET 2015

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015, Mathias Fleury wrote:

> in the sidekick there is a "sub-panel"^1 below the sidekick (see the red
> rectangle in the joint screenshot). Is there a way to have line breaks
> in it? The difference between it and the tooltips that appear in the
> sidekick, is that the tooltips disappear, when moving the cursor, while
> the content of the "sub-panel" does not.

> ^1 it is probably not its real name, but I haven't found a better one in
> the Isabelle/jedit manual,

I think it is called "status window", as can be seen in the little options
dialog of Sidekick.

> PS: I am posting to the dev mailing list, since the jEdit version
> changed since the 2015 release, but there are no line-breaks either in
> the stable version.

SideKick did not change much in the update to jedit-5.3.0 and
jedit_build-20151023 in Isabelle/d40f906bb13f.

Posting on isabelle-dev instead of isabelle-users means there are less
people who might potentially join into a movement to brush up some jEdit
components.

The real work on it needs to happen on
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jedit though, with its various trackers
and mailing lists.  The process is relatively slow, but it moves on
nonetheless.  I have myself added a fair amount of changes to jEdit and
its plugins already.