[isabelle-dev] NEWS: State panel

Fabian Immler immler at in.tum.de
Tue Nov 10 14:33:29 CET 2015

Hi Makarius,

I noticed some strange behavior: if one triggers state output on the same command but after changing the state, the state output does not change. Consider this example:

lemma
  assumes False
  shows "False ∧ False"
  (*using assms*)
  apply simp

If you trigger output on the "apply simp" command, you get 1 subgoal in the State panel.
Now uncomment "using assms" and trigger output again (on the "apply simp" command): the State panel does not change.

I just noticed that this behavior only occurs when the output is triggered with a keyboard shortcut, clicking on the "Update" button yields the expected behavior.

Having worked with the "new" interaction model for half a day, I am wondering if it could make sense to trigger output in the State panel also implicitly with cursor movements?
That would require less explicit interaction with the IDE but still save (some?) resources (if I am guessing correctly that previously all intermediate proof states have been pretty printed and rendered in the background while now it would only happen on demand).

Best regards,
Fabian