[isabelle-dev] Remaining uses of defer_recdef?

Dmitriy Traytel traytel at in.tum.de
Sun Jun 7 08:38:15 CEST 2015

Hi,

I could not believe that recdef could not be replaced by fun, so here is
the patch that removes usages of recdef from Decision_Procs. The proof
rules that come out of the function package are fine (one just needs a
few split_format (complete) attributes in a few places).

I'm not sure if this is something for the repository though, since it
has a factor of >2 impact on the build-time:

recdef: Finished HOL-Decision_Procs (0:03:53 elapsed time, 0:13:26 cpu
time, factor 3.45)
fun   : Finished HOL-Decision_Procs (0:08:24 elapsed time, 0:28:10 cpu
time, factor 3.35)

On the other hand 8 minutes is still not much. The longest fun
invocation (numadd in MIR) takes about 2 minutes, other are all below 20
seconds.

Dmitriy