[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Isabelle support for Standard ML (fwd)

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Mar 31 18:24:55 CEST 2014

Larry, lets continue this in public, because it is of general interest.

At the moment the outermost wrapper for "SML projects" within
Isabelle/jEdit is some theory file with 'SML_file' commands.

It should be an easy programming exercise for anyone who wants to learn
how to make a small jEdit plugin, to turn that into some kind of "project
manager".  The jEdit plugin repository has already a few such plugins, so
it could be taken as starting point.

I left this open for now, since it is somehow trivial, and I can't do
everything myself.

Automatic compilation management could also work, but the Isabelle IDE
needs an excplit DAG (i.e. the "theory graph") before it starts doing
anything.

 	Makarius