[isabelle-dev] blast warnings

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 9 16:07:08 CET 2014

The point is that the claim is not a theorem, because it would need a contradiction rule in Pure. Note that auto, metis, etc. also fail.

One could consider modifying blast to forbid all variables of type prop. That may be overkill, however. I can’t think of a reason to devote much effort to handling this sort of example.

Larry