[isabelle-dev] jedit interface

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Sep 18 17:38:07 CEST 2013

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013, Tobias Nipkow wrote:

> When the cursor remains fixed in the theory window and I scroll in that
> window with the help of the scoll bar, the output window goes blank when
> the line with the cursor is no longer visible.

I have seen something like that yesterday, but did not look further.

After the update to jdk-7u40 some other fine points suddenly started
working, e.g. the persistent window geometry of dockables as on Linux and
Windows.  Some other things might have stopped working, or just work
slightly differently.  In both cases I did not ask too many questions yet
-- Oracle delivers something and one needs to stomach that, or make
worarounds.

> I prefer the original behaviour because one often wants to compare the
> output with some other bits of theory text. Is this an intentional
> change?

All this Java + GUI programming is just physics.  Not even quantum physics
with its clear mathematics behind it, but just classic thermodynamics.

I am trying for years to make some island of stability in this world of
madness.  That is the overall intention behind it.

Note that in that respect we are an order of magnitude ahead of anybody
else, but it merely shows how crappy all these "software frameworks" and
operating system platforms really are that everybody has to use.