[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Dockable window "Find"

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Sep 4 13:29:44 CEST 2013

On Wed, 4 Sep 2013, Lars Noschinski wrote:

> On 09.08.2013 21:05, Makarius wrote:
>> *** Prover IDE -- Isabelle/Scala/jEdit ***
>>
>> * Dockable window "Find" provides query operations for formal entities
>> (GUI front-end to 'find_theorems' command).
>
> Speaking of a1a78a271682, the UI elements for the "Search criteria" don't
> work well for me: If the dock is not wide enough, the elements overflow into
> the next row, but the space reserved for the UI elements does not increase.
> Hence, they are hidden by the output frame.

Yes, the layout of this (and some other dockables) is still not quite
right: it is just basic FlowLayout.

I was waiting for the hidden student project supervised by Fabian Immler,
to see if alternatively layout ideas show up.

In the meantime it is also possible for Swing layout experts to say what
is best here.  (I do not even master GridBagLayout so far.)