[isabelle-dev] Fork of Isabelle2013-1 release repository TODAY

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Oct 4 19:26:59 CEST 2013

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013, Makarius wrote:

>  * https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/ is where the
>    final release preparations happen before roll-out in approx. 5 weeks.
>
>    There is no push access.  Any changes that are relevant for the
>    release need to be sent to me via email (produced by "hg export" or
>    "hg bundle").
>
>    The starting point is
>    https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/commits/65c6a00ff86b

A few more hints: any changes for the isabelle-release branch need to be
prepared wrt. to a recent clone of the above history.  This needs to be
distinguished from "the" Isabelle repository that is already moving
forward towards the next release after Isabelle2013-1.

Technical and semantic problems are to be expected by taking changesets
from http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle and putting them on
https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/commits

We are in the lucky situation that we normally have only one main branch,
and don't have to spend the extra resources on managing continuous
fragmentation and defragmentation of development.  In the next 5 weeks,
one needs to think twice, though.