[isabelle-dev] Fork of Isabelle2013-1 release repository TODAY

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Oct 3 19:48:32 CEST 2013

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013, Makarius wrote:

> the fork of the isabelle-release repository will happen today.
>
> Before preparing further commits for the post-release version of the
> main Isabelle repository, please await the second announcement later in
> the evening that the fork has happened, so that we have a clear
> distinction what is meant for Isabelle2013-1 and what for the next
> release after it.

We are now past point 0 for the coming Isabelle2013-1 relase.  This means:

   * https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/ is where the
     final release preparations happen before roll-out in approx. 5 weeks.

     There is no push access.  Any changes that are relevant for the
     release need to be sent to me via email (produced by "hg export" or
     "hg bundle").

     The starting point is
     https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/commits/65c6a00ff86b

   * http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle is back in post-release mode
     right now (changeset 5bf55a713232).  Anything pushed there is for the
     next release after Isabelle2013-1.

     Big upheaveals should be avoided, so that the release branch can be
     merged back cleanly after several weeks; but it is better to publish
     small changes now than to stockpile them for a long time.

   * AFP needs to be understood wrt. isabelle-release.

     Gerwin will explain his organization of the AFP release for
     Isabelle2013-1, based on the afp-devel repository.

   * mira tests isabelle, not isabelle-release

   * isatest tests isabelle-release

   * Isabelle2013-1-RC versions based on isabelle-release will be
     announced on isabelle-users soon.

I hope that many people will join the testing efforts on their lazy linux,
wicket windows, and alien apple machines

There is Bitbucket issue tracking via
https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/issues, although
last time it was de-facto just a marginal extension of my private mail
folder.

I am myself not following the main Isabelle repository in the next few
weeks, but concentrate on open issues for the release (on isabelle-users).
Moreover, I will be on vacation from 17-Oct to 04-Nov and make the final
launch afterwards.  This is why we have some extra weeks for extra
testing.