[isabelle-dev] Java 8 delayed

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed May 15 16:13:17 CEST 2013

This is already old news, and in fact a running gag for several years
already: Java 8 is again delayed by 6 more months at least, as explained
here http://mreinhold.org/blog/hold-the-train -- see also
http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk8/ for the current milestone
situation.

Java 8 might (or might not) become available early 2014.

Java 6 was officially declared dead in Feb 2013.

Java 7 is here right now, but needs to be taken "as is". Oracle is mainly
working on security problems (for applets or application servers).  I will
make some more efforts to work around the many GUI and platform problems
of Java 7 as we see it today, it is unlikely to change much anytime soon.