[isabelle-dev] Automated testing questions

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Mar 25 15:16:39 CET 2013

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013, Makarius wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Mar 2013, Tjark Weber wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2013-03-18 at 12:16 +0100, Makarius wrote:
>>> If anything is missing or wrong in README_REPOSITORY, I ask once again to
>>> point it out, either on isabelle-dev or privately, and not to make
>>> unreliable/unmaintained clones of such important information.
>>
>> Occasionally
>>
>>  cd isabelle
>>  hg pull -u
>>  ./bin/isabelle components -a
>>  ./bin/isabelle jedit -l HOL
>>
>> results in Scala build errors. If this is bound to happen from time to
>> time, instructions on how to recover (possibly just mentioning -f) or a
>> pointer to such instructions might be helpful.
>
> OK, I will take it into account really soon, when rewriting the text once
> more.

See now Isabelle/ed5d96d01b2f.

I have also refined the Isabelle/Scala build scripts once more in
48a1e09120d4, although such things are hard to get absolutely right --
that uncertainty is part of the JVM culture.  (When compiling the regular
jEdit sources via maven/ivy, there is always this thrill if it really
works, or if a fresh start is required.)