[isabelle-dev] Automated testing questions

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Mar 20 20:34:45 CET 2013

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013, Clemens Ballarin wrote:

> Also, which server should I use for pushing my changes to Isabelle so as
> to avoid repository trouble?

isabelle-server.in.tum.de is the canonical entry point for ssh etc. as
has been pointed out already.  It runs some funny Gentoo Linux, which is
totally different from everything else.

The classic macbroy2[0-9] hosts were back into proper shape in the past
couple of weeks, but just a few days updated again to use "rolling
releases" from some semi-official repository of OpenSUSE.  So the thrill
is back ...

Myself I tend to agree with Mark Shuttleworth, who said about that
question for Ubuntu recently, that "a rolling release is no release at
all".  We are faced with constant decline of software quality, and I don't
see a need to accelerate that.