[isabelle-dev] Automated testing questions

Dmitriy Traytel traytel at in.tum.de
Mon Mar 18 09:35:49 CET 2013

Hi Clemens,

On 17.03.2013 20:43, Clemens Ballarin wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> What it the current best practice for testing my change to Isabelle?
> There used to be testboard, but I'm unsure how that evolved.  Is there
> a similar service for testing my change to Isabelle against the AFP?
I do use the testboard for "bigger" changesets. The description from
http://www.mail-archive.com/isabelle-dev@mailbroy.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/msg01500.html
(Developer-initiated tests) is AFAIK still up to date.

Another alternative is to build everything on your own machine, which is
feasible thanks to the wonders of PolyML 5.5 and the new build system.
All you need to do is to clone the AFP repository, register it as a
component (via init_component "/path/to/AFP" in etc/settings) and follow
the instruction from
http://www.mail-archive.com/isabelle-dev@mailbroy.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/msg02903.html
.

> Also, which server should I use for pushing my changes to Isabelle so
> as to avoid repository trouble?
lxbroy10

Dmitriy